Sunday 4 September 2011

Out and About

Oh hello again :)

Just thought I'd check in and let you know what I've been up to. I've been lucky enough to have another Sunday off and went out for a nice seaglunk with the whole family :) Mr. Seaglunker is amazing at spotting marbles- well clay marbles. Between the two of us we spotted 7 marbles and LOTS of pottery. The dogs got good and worn out from all that running into the sea. Here's a picture of the marbles.


Some marbles we found 4th Sep :)
So it will be a wee while before these marbles go on sale as I like to wait until I've collected a few of the same colour and sell them in groups as supplies for jewelry makers. Of course you may have spotted the totally unique orange swirly one in this group that may get a little special treatment.

On a completely different note haha- when we got home from the beach totally covered in sand and the dogs looking pretty yick I decided today would be the day they got their haircut. We got these animal clippers and since they were out there getting a total wipe down I finally figured out how to use these clippers and found that it is extremely theraputic to clip them and it is extremely easy to do! Why hadn't I done it before now- a total mystery. I took a couple pictures of the boys with their new doggy hairdos. What do ya think? I think they are so much cuter than they were before and here's hoping this will help with the awful shedding problem we've got in the house.


Penguin on the left and Gizzy on the right with their short hair!

The day was nice and sunny not too warm or cold and our miniglunker was happy enough in her cosy jumper riding in her baby carrier. I may not be able to carry her just now but I'm glad her daddy can manage her as she grows big. We are lucky to be able to have all of this time together :) Tomorrow we've got the day together again as well since my 20 week scan is tomorrow morning. So we'll know the sex of our new addition very soon I HOPE. Apparently its not an exact science this baby sex thing.

But back to the beach booty. Today's haul was pretty good and to appease folks who like pictures here's one of the goodies we found. I know its not a picture of the beach- I will take one of those if I ever remember that we do take the camera with us on these outtings lol. However I hope this will suffice for now.

Beach Booty collected in Musselburgh 4th Sep 2011.

I guess that's all for today. I'll try and check in again soon! Happy hunting out there :) xx Sarah

1 comment:

  1. What a haul! I've spent today looking for tumbled stones and glass on the beaches here on the south coast of Australia. And I've yet to find any! I may have to head to your Etsy store :)

    ReplyDelete