Monday 21 February 2011

First Sale and Other fun Things

Hello hello :)

Well today has been lovely. I don't mean the weather has been nice and the birds are singing lovely (because as usual the sky is grey and overcast, the wind is bitter, and winter is still here) but the day itself has been nice!

The miniglunker woke me up early today but I didn't mind as she didn't wake up at all during the night! So I woke up refreshed and ready to face the day. I got online to check my email and Etsy and I was alerted to my first sale :) The two pieces with writing on them went. The one that said "OLD" had wee hearts on it and I knew it would appeal to the Etsy buyer. Now I am feeling confident that I'm doing something right.

So... then I had a look at the tide forecast and decided I needed to get to the beach. So out we went glunking away the dogs romping in the sand. I found lots of pretty little pieces of nice jewellery quality oh and a marble :) I love it when I find those. Then my miniglunker decided she was miserable. To be fair, we usually wait until she's a bit more worn out from playing in the floor and ready for some kind of sleepy. She just wanted to walk around. So halfway into our walk we went home. I can't concentrate with an angry baby. I bet you can't either if you were put to it.

So indoor activities, I got us both some lunch and then I nibbled away while I set up a photo shoot. The light wasn't fantastic but I am a quick photo editor. If I was on my computer at home I could show you a nice before and after shot but I'm at my day job... ahem night job... at the moment.

Its funny just how much multi-tasking you can do on a lunch/dinner break.

Now I've got a fair few things I can list on Etsy. I basically went through the rare bag pile and got them ready to list. There is still quite a lot to photograph but I figure on another angry baby day we can do just that.

:) Righto best get back to work. Sometimes the most inspiring and creative ideas happen when your mind is otherwise occupied. That's why its always a good idea to have a pen handy.

-Seaglunker Sarah-

No comments:

Post a Comment