Sunday 27 February 2011

Out with Mr.Glunker

Oh hello there :) Thanks for poppin in.

I'm sat down having a cup of coffee (much needed!) after and incredibly long afternoon seaglunking with my hubby and the miniglunker and of course my deputy fur-glunkers.

I let Mr. Glunker look after entertaining the dogs who are both totally worn out now form all the ball throwing and chasing activities. The mini-glunker didn't like the wind today so she was kind of out of sorts but perked up toward the end when the sun came out properly and she warmed up a wee bit.

It has been really nice having a day off together and enjoying each others company. It rarely happens that we have time off together since I work when he doesn't and vice-versa and we balance looking after our little one that way. It does mean we never hardly see each other.

We have made some big plans about going further afield and checking out other beaches. I think he's just indulging me and I know it was a lot of work for him to stay interested. Of course he isn't really used to having the baby rucksack on like I am so of course he made a few complaints about his feet and his back. But he did find a few things I would have missed out there.

We found lots of pretty blue and white pottery today and two marbles as well as a couple of pieces of yellow/orange glass. :) I love finding rare colours. Also, I discovered some vital information about some of the natural pottery on the beach. I believe what I'm seeing is chunks from old ceramic ginger beer bottles. The one I found today had a stamp on it that says "Buchan, Portobello, Edinburgh" on it and that company made all kinds of stuff but there is a picture of the warehouse in 1926 and they are producing bottles with a brown glazed top (like old liquor jugs). Further research has turned up bottles in good nick with ginger beer companies logos and information on them. So one little mystery seems to be solved... kind of. I'm sure the next time I'm out there I will discover more.

So time for relaxing, looking through the beach booty and maybe making some cookies. For a job well done of course ;)

xx Have a lovely Sunday!

-Seaglunker Sarah-

No comments:

Post a Comment